Below, there are some essay questions for the IELTS writing task part 2
Try to put them into the following categories:
- What are the problems of A and their solutions.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of B.
- Discuss two opinions C and D.
- “Q”, do you agree or disagree?
- The causes of X and and potential solutions.
- What are the causes and effects of Y.
- What are the causes of Z, and what are the solutions.
Here are some common topic areas for IELTS essays:
- Government Policy
- Health Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Education Policy
- Modern Society
Do any of the questions below span more than one topic?
- The government should preserve old buildings. Do you agree or disagree? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Globalisation affects countries in both negative and positive ways. On balance the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Discuss
- Should we rely on parents to encourage their children to do sport, or is this the role of governments and schools? Discuss
- Adult literacy rates are a cause for concern in many countries, even in the developed nations. Outline why is this a problem and give some potential solutions.
- Obesity levels are of increasing concern in many countries today. Are both the causes and effects of obesity relevant only to individuals, or should we look at the societies in which the individuals live in order to solve this problem?
- Some people believe that sports people are overpaid, while others disagree. What is your view and why?
- In some countries, health is provided free of charge. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
Leave a Reply